Student Sessions are held monthly. High school sessions meet for 3 days, 8:30am-3pm each day; middle school sessions meet for two days, 8am - 2:30pm each day. Sessions are held Monday - Wednesday, except where noted.
Students need to arrive on time and bring a bag lunch. (Snacks and water will be provided). Click here to view the 2019-2020 program schedule.
Day 1 Topics:
- Impact of substance use on physical and physiological health, family and community.
- Arlington Public School Policy towards substance use.
Day 2 Topics:
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI).
- Damaging effects of drug abuse.
- Awareness of the impact of alcohol and drugs in one's life and the possible consequences of further involvement.
Day 3 Topics:
- Consequences of alcohol/drug use, emphasis on refusal skills and identifying other activities to replace time spent using alcohol/drugs.
- Treatment options and self-help groups.